2009-11-02

Festive Halloween Cupcakes (With "Gross" and "Gruesome" Fillings)!


As you probably know by now, I love to bake. Even better than baking, is decorating your baked goods to look as good as they taste! I am always looking for something new to try and thought Halloween would be the perfect occasion to whip up some spooky sweets.

I finally decided that I would attempt a completely foreign technique to me: the filled cupcake. After some diligent internet research, I decided to go with the simple and straightforward "cone method" to fill my cupcakes (click here to see my 'how-to' post on this surprisingly simple trick, complete with pictures).

I made two varieties for a party we went to on Halloween: monster cupcakes with "slime" filling and vampire bite cupcakes with cherry "blood" filling*. Both kinds of cupcakes were frosted using a pastry bag and buttercream icing. The monster cupcakes were topped off with marshmallow fondant eyes that I hand-painted with edible dye.


They were super cute, a little creepy, and totally delicious!
Click here for the Monster cupcakes recipe!
Click here for the Vampire Bite cupcakes recipe!
Note: The two links above are not functioning right now. I will have them working as I can post the recipes.Check back soon!



*I always believe in giving credit were credit is due! While I used a different recipe, frosting, etc. I got the idea for the vampire bite cupcakes from one of my favorite sites: bakingbites.com. Check it out! It's a wonderful recipe resource!

0 comments:

Post a Comment